We are happy to announce the funding proposal to examine the role of the community foundation movement and regional development was successful! The one-year project is funded through the Applied Research Fund of the Leslie Harris Centre for Regional Policy and Development. The goals of the project include:
- to create an overview portrait of charitable giving in Newfoundland and Labrador,
- to situate the challenges and opportunities of the Community Foundation of Newfoundland and Labrador in relation to other Atlantic Canada community foundations,
- to collect perspectives on the community foundation model in Newfoundland and Labrador from community residents and estate planners,
- to identify potential roles, actions, and activities of the community foundation model can facilitate regional development, and
- to initiate dialogue and share knowledge across actors from academia, government, private sector, and community/regional development practitioners.